In the last year we have been giving numerous recycled Bottle Lamps away for local fundraiser and charity events.
It is sad to see so many people in need, yet it’s very rewarding for us to be able to help. At least a little bit.
Here are a couple of the fundraising and charity events we have been able to contribute to:
- Annual Fallen Officer Fundraising event sponsored by the Alexandria Technical College on March 3rd, 2012. One of their former student was shot while on duty in Iraq. The event is organized by the students of the graduating law enforcement program.
- Fundraiser for the Carlson Family Benefit sponsored by the Alexandria Eagles Club on March 30th, 2012. The mother and daughter got into an accident during one of our snow storms this spring. The daughter died of her injuries and the Mom sustained serious injuries.
- Local event and fundraiser for the Alexandria Elks Lodge, Dec. 2013.
- Fundraiser for Tanya Meland’s mission trip to Baja, Mexico in 2014.
Fun Fundraising Ideas
- Hand crafted Chalk Board Bottle Lamps make a wonderful and unique gift for every fundraising event
- Turn any recycled wine or glass bottle into a lighted bottle by adding your special touches
- Use an upcycled liquor bottle and turn it into a fully functioning lamp with a light switch and lamp shade
- Make a hanging pendant lamp using a cut recycled bottle
- Cut beer or wine bottles and make fill the base with wax for a handmade candle
Can you think of any other fundraising ideas using recycled glass bottles? Leave us a comment below.
Best wishes and happy crafting,
Nick and Silke