Step by step instructions on how to make a Mason Jar Potpourri Warmer.
This is a wonderful, home made gift idea for any season!
Are you looking for an inexpensive Christmas gift? Simply use a piece of Holiday, pine cone or winter scene printed fabric for the cover, colorful ribbons and add cinnamon or pine scented potpourri to the jar.
You will need the following materials to make a Mason Jar Potpourri Warmer:
– A Mason Jar, clean and free of labels
– 1/2 inch Diamond tipped drill bit and power drill – find them here
– 35 Mini Light String
– Potpourri (Learn how to make your own potpourri.)
– A piece of cloth
– A small rubber band
– Rope, raffia or ribbon
Scroll down for easy to follow step by step instructions…
Instructions for making a Mason Jar Potpourri Warmer:
- Use the diamond tipped drill bit to make a hole in the back of the Mason Jar. Take a look at our instructional videos if you need help drilling into glass.
- Insert the light string through the back of the Mason Jar. (If you’re not comfortable drilling glass, you can also run the light string out of the top of the jar. The light string will be secured by the rubber band.)
- Add potpourri from the top of the jar. It’s best to do this in succession, add a few lights then add some potpourri, more lights, more potpourri until the jar is filled.
- Cut a piece of cloth to cover the mouth of the jar, approx. 5 inches in diameter. Any cotton fabric will do just fine. Make sure to cut it large enough so the cloth can hang over the sides.
- Secure the cloth with a rubber band.
- Cover the rubber band with a piece of rope, colorful raffia or a decorative ribbon.
Plug in your Mason Jar Potpourri Warmer and enjoy as the scent of warming potpourri fills your home.
As the scent fades over time, simply remove the cloth and add fresh potpourri or dribble a few drops of fragrance oil or essential oils on the cloth.
Lighted potpourri jars are such an easy craft that they make ideal hostess gifts for impromptu holiday gatherings.
Giving a Holiday Potpourri Mason Jar as a gift? Add a few festive ornaments or other seasonal decorations, wrap in cellophane and tie with curly ribbons.
Add your unique touch to make illuminated potpourri holiday jars for gift giving or holiday decorating.
Mason Jar Potpourri Warmers make it easy to infuse a room with holiday ambiance!
Get inspired with more Homemade Potpourri Jars with Lights!
Do you have questions or suggestions? Please leave us a comment below.
Nick and Silke