In the past several months we have been making more and more of our recycled bottles into functioning Bottle Lamps.
In order to turn any bottle into a Bottle Lamp we need to attach a Lamp Light Kit to the mouth of the bottle.
Here are our step by step instructions on how to properly install this ‘Make A Lamp Kit’ to your own recycled bottle.
1. Drill a hole in the back of the bottle. Click here for drilling instructions.
2. Clean the bottle thoroughly and let dry completely.
3. Pull the cord through the back and out of the mouth of the bottle.
4. Put the cord through the threaded rod.
5. Choose the rubber stopper that most closely fits the mouth of the bottle. Push it onto the threaded rod half way, cap the bottom with the washer.
6. Pull the cord through the threaded rod and place the rubber stopper into the neck of the bottle.
7. Place the top golden washer through the cord and on top of the bottle. It will sit right on top of the bottle.
8. Grab the base mount of the lamp and screw it onto the threaded rod. As you tighten it will press against the golden washer to expand, this will give you a tight fit.
9. With the cord in place, take the top of the lamp socket and using the screws on either side screw on the wires.
10. You are now ready to put the top and bottom pieces of the lamp kit together. Press firmly and twist. Once secured you are ready for your lamp shade and light bulb.
Let us know if you have any questions about how to install a Lamp Light Kit by leaving us a comment below.